Taking Icons off the Dock...

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Can I take the Finder and the Widgets icons off the dock? I never use them, I hit apple+N for new finder window, and I click the scroll wheel for the dashboard.

Or if I put them both in Overflow, will anything get screwy?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Digital Disasta View Post

Can I take the Finder and the Widgets icons off the dock? I never use them, I hit apple+N for new finder window, and I click the scroll wheel for the dashboard.

Or if I put them both in Overflow, will anything get screwy?

I don't know about the Finder, but I've completely disabled Dashboard as it is a resource hog and otherwise useless. Just Google it, macosxhints.com probably has the solution.

If, one day, they make Dashboard work such that the widgets can interleave normally with other windows, then I'll give it a try again.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Digital Disasta View Post

Can I take the Finder and the Widgets icons off the dock?

Finder, I never researched that. But the dashboard icon - just drag it off a leave go. It will dissappear with a poof and will reamin in your applications folder. if you ever want to put it or any other application icon in the dock, just drag the icon form your applications folder onto the dock.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I got rid of the dashboard icon, I put it in Overflow, but I cant find how to get rid of the Finder icon, I guess it's not a big deal.