Airport base station?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Does the new iMac have just an airport card, or the feature of an entire base station? Some say yay some say nay...

Could this be a reason as to why SBS support for X has been dismal?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Under OS X **ALL** Macs can be a base station... Unless people are afraid of the command line that is...
  • Reply 2 of 12
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    office cleaner -

Since you were in the offices at Cupertino tonight I thought you might know the answer to this...

• Reply 3 of 12
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by DaveGee:

<strong>Under OS X **ALL** Macs can be a base station... Unless people are afraid of the command line that is...</strong><hr></blockquote>

never worked for me.

doesn't matter now being that my airport card is fried
  • Reply 4 of 12
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    applenut: Do you ever sleep?
  • Reply 5 of 12
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by glurx:

<strong>applenut: Do you ever sleep?</strong><hr></blockquote>

seriously, no. and its not been that great. I truly think I am suffering from insmnia from after Sep 11. no joke

I haven't slept more than 6 hours in a month
  • Reply 6 of 12
    [quote]Originally posted by glurx:

<strong>applenut: Do you ever sleep?</strong><hr></blockquote>

whats sleep?
  • Reply 6 of 12
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Anyone see this? <a href="http://www.lowendmac.com/musings/02/0106.html"; target="_blank">Airport from space?</a>

Interesting stuff.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    hornethornet Posts: 76member
    Bodhi, I know nothing about future products. I am but a cleaner, all I know is what steve yells out so loud that a quarter of the floor can hear what he's saying. I just happened to be in his room tonight, won't do that again while he's in there!

Trust me, he can be a scary guy.

Anyone ever see that story on some news site about what its like to work for Steve? Something like miracles are Steve's expectations, being in a lift with him when he is angry means a good chance of losing your job, etc.

That stuff is all true.

Well if you didn't read that article, you may have heard about the newton incident.. using newtons as projectiles. ow
  • Reply 9 of 12
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>

seriously, no. and its not been that great. I truly think I am suffering from insmnia from after Sep 11. no joke

I haven't slept more than 6 hours in a month</strong><hr></blockquote>

Have you tried any of the various treatments for insomnia. Melatonin is one that I've heard is good though I've never tried it myself - I get insomnia myself occasionally but it doesn't last for more than a few days.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    applenut: Have you talked to a doctor?
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Applenut : drop the cola ! Really. I had huge problems with insomnia too, until I stopped drinking coca cola. I used to gubble 3 to 5 litres per day (for US non-metric dudes : that's a lot of cola)

I switched to plain water, had a insanely heavy first two weeks until the addiction started to wear off, and now I sleep my regular 7 hours per night.