iPhoto for Windows?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.applematters.com/index.ph...o-for-windows/

Despite iTunes being on Windows and newly released AppleTV, I really don't see this happening. Anyone else have another POV?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    I don't see it happening either... the more Apple software ported to Windows, the less compelling reason for people to "switch" to a Mac.

Besides, Picasa appears to be a hell of a lot better than iPhoto is.

Hasn't anybody written a Picasa export module for the AppleTV yet for Windows users?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Expect iChat for Windows before iPhoto.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Expect iChat for Windows before iPhoto.

Agreed.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    And I don't expect iChat anytime soon... would make logical sense to grow the iChat user base, but at the same time, it'd be another reason for Windows user *not* to switch.

If Apple puts too many of their flagship apps on the competing OS, the appeal of Mac & OS X will be diminished. Sorry if this is restating the obvious.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mikef View Post

And I don't expect iChat anytime soon... would make logical sense to grow the iChat user base, but at the same time, it'd be another reason for Windows user *not* to switch.

If Apple puts too many of their flagship apps on the competing OS, the appeal of Mac & OS X will be diminished.

I actually think that situation would have the opposite effect. The whole point of having iChat on Windows is not only so Mac users could chat to PC users easier, in a nicer more user-friendly UI, but it's so when Apple ads VOIP technology to iChat 4.0 PC users and Mac users can use their iPhones to make calls in their homes to others for free, no matter what OS they have. Cingular or whoever wont care cause they'll still have a standard subscription plan for guaranteed revenues.