Eject Button On Keyboard Acting Weird

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
When I first got my iMac, all I had to do to eject my CD/DVD/Games was tap the eject button. But then, about two or so weeks ago, the button stopped. Now I thought it was broken, which i was OK with (you can still easily eject CD's from Finder/iTunes) but today I found out that I have to hold the button down. Now that sounds like a system prefrence. So I looked in the keyboard & mouse and I couldn't find it. So...where do i change this? Any Mac Elite know?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I bet it coincided with your 10.4.9 update. That's when Apple changed the eject behavior. They did so because of laptop users inadvertently ejecting media when using the built-in keyboard.

There is no way that I know of to adjust the setting.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    josa92josa92 Posts: 193member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

I bet it coincided with your 10.4.9 update. That's when Apple changed the eject behavior. They did so because of laptop users inadvertently ejecting media when using the built-in keyboard.

There is no way that I know of to adjust the setting.

I had thought they had done that a long while ago. I remember when working with iBooks running 10.2, i would always inadvertently hit eject, and the disc would spit out. But I seem to recall that the next gen. of iBooks (still G3, but with 10.3) wouldn't do that. Neither did G4's if I remember correctly. And neither does my MacBook. Maybe I'm just crazy.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Ah, I see. Well, I'll just remember HOLD down the button.

:-D Thanks!!