running windows on my mac. PlEASE HELP

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
ok, i am thinking about running windows on my mac. i really hate to do it. believe me i do. okay i just want to play games with it. now i now know you cant use the cheaper vista versions without boot camping. i mean i don't think i need to use parallels. so i should be covered with that. but what i need to know is should i get xp or vista just for gaming and do i really need to shell out the extra just to use parallels or will boot camp fit it ok. i have a 24" imac, 2 gigs of ram and 2.33 ghz processor

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Parallels isn't currently an option for gaming anyway, so I don't see what you're asking. If you're out to save money, get an OEM copy of XP Home and you'll be fine.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by polarissucks View Post

ok, i am thinking about running windows on my mac. i really hate to do it. believe me i do. okay i just want to play games with it. now i now know you cant use the cheaper vista versions without boot camping. i mean i don't think i need to use parallels. so i should be covered with that. but what i need to know is should i get xp or vista just for gaming and do i really need to shell out the extra just to use parallels or will boot camp fit it ok. i have a 24" imac, 2 gigs of ram and 2.33 ghz processor

...if your gonna do it. use bootcamp. that why you'll have all your system resources for your game and the windows os. and to vista or not to vista.. NOT TO VISTA..

use xp. it runs smoother than vista. they... pretty much... some what.. got most. well more bugs out than they do in vista. plus vista is a resource whore..

ive ran vista and xp on a macbook and yeah.. vista is crap.. i don't even like vista on new pcs..
  • Reply 3 of 3
    thanks, now i have vista on my brothers laptop and hate it, but being stuck with one peace of sh*t or another, i just wnated to know which one.