.Mac

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
hey everyone, i was just wondering what your thoughts on .mac are, and if you think they are gonna change it anytime soon because it's been awhile since they updated it. i had an idea though for iDisk when leopard comes out: they should make more storage so you can use it for TimeMachine. Besides, who can back up their stuff on 1 Gb of space?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    More space is a must, and there needs to be a way to update iCal from the web.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    sthiedesthiede Posts: 307member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galley View Post

More space is a must, and there needs to be a way to update iCal from the web.

oh yeah! i forgot about that, i had the same thoughts about iCal
  • Reply 3 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    First big update I'm looking for is for them to make the current plan absolutely free! Us Mac users support this company enough to get something in return. That and making it free, would, I firmly believe, move a lot more new Mac's. A lot of what .Mac offers can be got for free in various forms already. At least they should give people who buy a Mac a free Mac email address, which also works with iChat for free. Those ads say you can make a website out of the box, but what they don't tell a potential non-techie switcher, is that it will cost them an extra $99 to publish it.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    sthiedesthiede Posts: 307member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

First big update I'm looking for is for them to make the current plan absolutely free! Us Mac users support this company enough to get something in return. That and making it free, would, I firmly believe, move a lot more new Mac's. A lot of what .Mac offers can be got for free in various forms already. At least they should give people who buy a Mac a free Mac email address, which also works with iChat for free. Those ads say you can make a website out of the box, but what they don't tell a potential non-techie switcher, is that it will cost them an extra $99 to publish it.

yeah like yahoo or something, give them an email address and like 512MB - 1Gb of storage for free, then make a much better plan than the current one for a good price. it is stupid to have iWeb, Photocasting and a lot of other stuff on your mac when you can't use it.