Quickbooks Pro Question

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hello. I had a question i was hoping could be answered here.

I am part of a not-for-profit organization and i may soon be assuming the job of treasurer. The problem is, they use quickbooks pro for windows and i have a 1.0 GHz PPC mac (768 Ram). I could buy quickbooks for mac but i would really, really rather not spend $200 for it. Also, i do not want to pirate it so that is not an option.

Anyway, does anybody have a solution to what i can do? All of the records are with quickbooks so i really should be using that or something similar.

I do have virtual PC. Has anybody tried quickbooks on virtual PC? Is it really slow or is it duable?

Please let me know if you have any questions or any suggestions.

Thanks

-Justin Winokur

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    kenaustuskenaustus Posts: 924member
    Running under VPC works, but is SLOW. If you have an older version of VPC (like 6.0) you'll be able to put a lighter version of Windows on it - like 98. When MS bought VPC they limited it to 2000 and XP. I use 2000 Pro for small apps, but would hate to run an accounting package on it.

One alternative would be to check places like Goodwill stores, who sell older PCs really cheap. Keep it off the internet and run nothing but the accounting app and you might be OK.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    Whatever you do don't buy quick books for mac. I know people who have had success running VPC and quick books. Unless something has changed in the last year though the mac version is dreadful.