Bryce render resolution

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I got a new printer for christmas (Epson Photo 820) and I want to see how good of prints I can get. I only had a few high resolution pictures on my computer, and they all printed perfect. What I want to do is render a picture in Bryce on the highest settings and see how good it will print. I haven't used Bryce in forever, but it's the only app I have that renders 3D images.

Does anybody know how to set the DPI of an image in Bryce? The only place I can find resolution settings, it's talking about the size in pixels. No matter how high of settings I save an image on after it renders, it's always 72 DPI.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    ryukyuryukyu Posts: 450member
    I don't know about setting dpi in Bryce, but what you can do is to calculate the size of your image in pixels, based on the size you want to print at.

For example, if you want to print an 8"x10" image at 300 dpi, you want your image to be 2400x3000 pixels (8"x300 dpi = 2400, 10"x300 dpi = 300 pixels.)

Hope that helps.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Yeah, that looks like it should do it. Thanks for th help.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    You are clicking the render button. Try clicking the "Render to disk" button in the file menu. That will render the picture at the resolution you specified.

:cool:
  • Reply 4 of 4
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    A ha! Thank you, I got it now.