Best LIMEWIRE type program for Apple

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just changed from PC to apple. I've used several peer to peer programs. what's the best one for a mac?

btw, I only download music to find what i like, then go buy the cd. it's not a moral issue, i just hate the sound of mp3s.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    physguyphysguy Posts: 916member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kublakhanpics@mindspring.com View Post

I just changed from PC to apple. I've used several peer to peer programs. what's the best one for a mac?

btw, I only download music to find what i like, then go buy the cd. it's not a moral issue, i just hate the sound of mp3s.

Thanks in advance

Not sure what your asking for but how about Limwire
  • Reply 2 of 7
    there's pleanty of good BT clients for mac. Azureus is one of the favorites.

but with apple removing DRM, the "it's not immoral" argument is going away fast for me.

...not that i'm rushing out to delete my 70+ GB of less-than-legit data either.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Acqusition is a good one. Google it.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Try Poisoned. It supports Gnutella, like Limewire, as well as OpenFT and FastTrack (Limewire doesn't). And while P2P clients are great, I'd also suggest trying out some BitTorrent.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    zozo Posts: 3,115member
    I use FrostWire

It's limewire, but a bit better (and no nag screens)

www.macupdate.com
  • Reply 6 of 7
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Recently, I was able to find a bunch of fairly esoteric stuff using aMule. I'm not sure if it's better than whatever else, but it worked.