MacBook Pro DVD recorder ...

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Here's my delima! I have to shoot video and do so recording to camera tape and also into my laptop as a back-up and to have files to edit easily. I sometimes have to burn a DVD for a client on the spot. Now, this works for some of my clients (Americans) and does not work for my Japanese clients! Is there a Mashita recorder (internal) work around. I would like to get rid of having to carry an extra DVD recorder on gigs!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kfdan View Post

Here's my delima! I have to shoot video and do so recording to camera tape and also into my laptop as a back-up and to have files to edit easily. I sometimes have to burn a DVD for a client on the spot. Now, this works for some of my clients (Americans) and does not work for my Japanese clients! Is there a Mashita recorder (internal) work around. I would like to get rid of having to carry an extra DVD recorder on gigs!

that's weird... both USA and japan are NTSC. you can't put region coding on burnt dvds, so that's not the issue. I'm from PAL-land, but just wondering if there are there different flavors of NTSC? i vaguely recall there being some difference b/w NTSC in USA and Japan...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    kfdankfdan Posts: 81member
    The Mashita superdrives in the MacBook Pro C2Ds are region assigned. You've got 5 changes. This is one of the dumbest things Apple has done! If you have international clients and work in different regions, burn copies for clients, you've got problems and are forced to take a region free burner with you on assignments. What a drag!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    The region coding is only for reading DVDs, not writing them.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    its not region coding, as you can't region code a dvd-r.

are you burning QT files of captures onto a (data) disc or authoring/encoding a (video) DVD (with DVDSP or iDVD, for example)?