Weird iBook problem...

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
My wife's iBook has something going really "wonky" going on with it. It's arrow keys (the left one and down one) do not seem to work at all. The right one and up one work just fine, it is just the left and down. I have made sure that the keyboard is plugged in correctly. Any advice on this problem??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mike Eggleston View Post

My wife's iBook has something going really "wonky" going on with it. It's arrow keys (the left one and down one) do not seem to work at all. The right one and up one work just fine, it is just the left and down. I have made sure that the keyboard is plugged in correctly. Any advice on this problem??

Do you mean the built in keyboard? I ask because you said you checked to make sure it was plugged in correctly. But, if your using a different keyboard then the one Apple gave you with the iBook, then....I don't know, could be warn out.

But if it's the laptop keyboard, I must ask...did you or your wife (or kids?) spill something, like a soda, on your laptop? That could cause the problem, because my girlfriend has a similar problem. Besides that, all I can say...it might be warn out (but I have never seen a keyboard warn out, but who knows).
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Macintosh_Next View Post

Do you mean the built in keyboard? I ask because you said you checked to make sure it was plugged in correctly. But, if your using a different keyboard then the one Apple gave you with the iBook, then....I don't know, could be warn out.

But if it's the laptop keyboard, I must ask...did you or your wife (or kids?) spill something, like a soda, on your laptop? That could cause the problem, because my girlfriend has a similar problem. Besides that, all I can say...it might be warn out (but I have never seen a keyboard warn out, but who knows).

It is the laptop keyboard. I thought it was real weird that only those two arrow keys went out, and nothing else. I have confirmed with her that nothing has been spilled on it. Also, she is rather, oh how shall I say this, zealous about her iBook. She constantly blows compressed air on it, just to make sure that no dust particles are on it.

This sounds like it might be an AppleCare issue.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mike Eggleston View Post

It is the laptop keyboard. I thought it was real weird that only those two arrow keys went out, and nothing else. I have confirmed with her that nothing has been spilled on it. Also, she is rather, oh how shall I say this, zealous about her iBook. She constantly blows compressed air on it, just to make sure that no dust particles are on it.

This sounds like it might be an AppleCare issue.

Hmm, I have no idea. But yea, go and take it to Apple, maybe the key's just went out.