Installing Small Office wait for Leopard ?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hello,

I need to re-install my office, buy 4 imac's, 1 powermac and 1 xserver. Now is my question, should i wait to buy the hardware and install to leopard in october 07 or not ? thats another 5 to 6 months from now.. what would you do ?

Thanks for your reaction

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Right now you're fine with the Xserve and Mac Pro as they won't be updated for a bit. There likely is a new iMac model imminent in the next couple of months.

Since you plan to buy iMac in the highest quantity I'd recommend you wait for the iMac refresh which shouldn't take more than 2 months.

Buy the iMacs, the Xserve and the Mac Pro then. Forget about Leopard for now even when it ships you will want to be a bit wary until the review are in. You will likely want to hold out until Apple delivers the first batch update which would likely be 10.5.1

Get your network up and running with Tiger. If you want to reduce the expense of OS upgrades you could get the 4 iMacs and Mac Pro and wait for Leopard Server based Xserves to hit before purchasing. Until then you could run a peer to peer network for a few months