10.2.3's Mail...question...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Seems that Mail is leaving my emails up on the ISP mail server after I have downloaded them. Is there an option/preference somewhere as to reversing that? Thanks in advance...

Just for the sake of being snooty...I upgraded to Jaguar and to 10.2.3...without a single serious issue...so far!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    If it is an IMAP server then it is supposed to leave it on the server.

If POP, go to the prefs and double-click the entry for your account. Click the Advanced tab and you will see a checkbox for "Remove copy from server" and a menu of options for when to remove. It sounds like you want to choose the "Right away" option.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    [quote]Originally posted by Brad:

<strong>If it is an IMAP server then it is supposed to leave it on the server.

If POP, go to the prefs and double-click the entry for your account. Click the Advanced tab and you will see a checkbox for "Remove copy from server" and a menu of options for when to remove. It sounds like you want to choose the "Right away" option.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks Brad. I'll look into it when I get home. Mail was the only tricky App after upgrading. It had changed some settings and I had to dig into it to resolve that...now I'll dig into it again for that "Advanced" option.

I like Mail. I'm not an email power-user so it fits my needs for now.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    [quote]Originally posted by Brad:

<strong>If it is an IMAP server then it is supposed to leave it on the server.

If POP, go to the prefs and double-click the entry for your account. Click the Advanced tab and you will see a checkbox for "Remove copy from server" and a menu of options for when to remove. It sounds like you want to choose the "Right away" option.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Brad,

I don't see that under the Advanced tab. What I see is a series of checkboxes under Preferences - Account - Edit Account - Special Mailbox. And I don't see a "Right away" option. Am I missing something here? I'm using Mail 1.2.3.

GG

p.s. I'm using the Apple Mail server - is that IMAP or POP?

[ 01-03-2003: Message edited by: gobble gobble ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Apple uses IMAP. That is why you don't see the option.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    ringoringo Posts: 329member
    IMAP is the schiznit.

I just felt like adding that.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    razzfazzrazzfazz Posts: 728member
    [quote]Originally posted by Ringo:

<strong>IMAP is the schiznit.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Would be even better if it supported nested mailboxes (not just directories).

Bye,

RazzFazz