Space - Desktops

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Will spaces allow to placement of separation of documents and folders on the desktop into different spaces?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    thininethinine Posts: 71member
    No.

Stupid minimum post length.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    -df-df Posts: 136member
    You know what I'd like to see? A smart desktop, where the image changes based on where things are put.

Like, I throw things on my desktop in groups. What if you could categorize the groups and the desktop would draw a section around everything in said group, and maybe make that section a different color. Add something to an existing group and the section grows slightly.

It'd keep things more organized than the current setup, and I bet the right people could write some really cool interactive desktops.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    paprochypaprochy Posts: 129member
    Most people don't really keep that much stuff on their desktops.
  • Reply 4 of 15
    royboyroyboy Posts: 458member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paprochy View Post

You are probably right with "most don't", but I'm must be one of the other ones. I keep my desktop full of folders, current files I'm working with and etc. It's where I do most of my organization of my work.

BTW, does anyone know how to "spell check" a post? I get misspellings underlined in red, but see now way to "spell check" the post.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    teedoff087teedoff087 Posts: 348member
    You should just right-click (cmd-click) each misspelled word. It gives you a context menu of suggestions.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teedoff087 View Post

You should just right-click (cmd-click) each misspelled word. It gives you a context menu of suggestions.

Wow! Thanks. Didn't know that one.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    Quote:

You mean like this:

• Reply 8 of 15
    feartecfeartec Posts: 119member
    Dude,

1.) Why the hell are you using XP and posting on AppleInsider

2.) My Documents is the best place for that trash
  • Reply 9 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feartec View Post

Dude,

Perhaps running Boot Camp on a Intel Mac.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    iposteriposter Posts: 1,560member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feartec View Post

Dude,

You'll find that many people here on AI have either both OSes, or use XP through Bootcamp. Way to be a fanboy... Just an image I pulled off of the web anyway.

Quote:

Agreed! I'd kill myself if I ever let any desktop, OSX or Windoze, get that crowded!
  • Reply 11 of 15
    That's not even XP. It looks like Windows 95. What a nightmare that OS was.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teedoff087 View Post

That's not even XP. It looks like Windows 95. What a nightmare that OS was.

Well, yes, but anyway, there is always a number of reasons why Mac users or Mac-interested people would post from what it is available at the moment and not from their Mac or their future Mac .
  • Reply 13 of 15
    Quote:

I know many people have mentioned this, but...

Windows users put things on desktops all the time. And when they use a Mac, they do the same. I hate it now, I really do, I only like my "Allen's Mac" (HD Icon) on my desktop, and I allow my g/f to put a folder on it. But thats it!!
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB

Well, yes, but anyway, there is always a number of reasons why Mac users or Mac-interested people would post from what it is available at the moment and not from their Mac or their future Mac .

I was typing my thoughts aloud. Mostly for nostalgia purposes. I'm glad I came to my senses.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Macintosh_Next

Windows users put things on desktops all the time. And when they use a Mac, they do the same. I hate it now, I really do, I only like my "Allen's Mac" (HD Icon) on my desktop, and I allow my g/f to put a folder on it. But thats it!!

You could even eliminate that HD icon by putting it in your dock. The only thing I have on my desktop are aliases to various important folders and my external HD icon.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:

I try not tot either.

Usually I'll have my Macintosh HD icon, and then 1 or 2 other files that I'm currently working with. My point is that, I'd be nice to have a sort of secondary desktop where I can put files that I want to access really easily, but I don't want to clutter up my desktop.