Best to rip DVD and Encode MP4?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have a variety of quick boxes available, so processor speed isn't an issue. I want the highest quality DVD Rip possible, with quality and synchronization a much higher priority than file size. I guess I could also rip to DIVX if anyone has a great recommendation.

I don't plan to burn VCD's, just to rip several DVD's to hard drive space.

BTW... I tried to search this topic. Several times.

In both IE and MOZ, on multiple machines, the search CGI hangs. Anyone know why?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    you'll soon meet someone very friendly.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Im also interested in this...if someone can help please do. And I've also found out the search CGI hangs. Kinda annoying.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    [quote]Originally posted by Defiant:

<strong>you'll soon meet someone very friendly. </strong><hr></blockquote>

?????????????
  • Reply 4 of 5
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Of course these are DVDs you own

If you want to make an exact DVD copy like me, being obsessed with quality, image it with DVDExtractor. This is hard to find. I have .9b, if anyone has a newer version I'd be much obliged if you could give me it. I'd give you an *ooh ahh* Admin account on my server. Unfortunately DVDExtractor only works in OS9. I tried it in Classic in 10.2.3 and it gave me a screwed up copy of Back to the Future but in plain OS 9 it worked. If there's an OS X version someone could send me that would awesome.

I read here about 0Sex (why a zero not an O?) and downloaded it. It will get all the necessary VOBs and stuff to encode with ffmpeg apparently, but it won't make an image so it's useless for copying DVDs that you may want to play in a player or PS2, like I want to do.

That's all you need, 0Sex or DVDExtractor, and ffmpeg to encode.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    [quote]Originally posted by Alaskan66:

<strong>

?????????????</strong><hr></blockquote>

just ignore Defiant, he's an EmAn wannabe from Switzerland that posts too much in the GB