iDisk/Homepage questions

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
1. I have 16 pages on my Homepage site yet there are 27 folders in the Photo Album section of my iDisk (I don't use iDisk for anything other than Homepage). I assume that the web pages I've deleted are not removed from iDisk. Why not and is there an easy way to tell which folders are being used and which ones are trash? I don't want to waste my iDisk space.

2. I've had a very tough time the past week or two uploading photos from iPhoto to the Homepage. The connection either quits or I get the "unknown connection error - please try again later" message. After some experimenting I discovered that uploading more than 45 photos resulted in an error message, although I've previously uploaded 48 photos. I can upload any photo, but not more than 45. Any ideas on this Homepage weirdness?

[ 01-04-2003: Message edited by: gobble gobble ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    hey gobble, long time no see. whats up!?

i keep my folders very organized so i cant empathize with you on #1...LOL.

regarding uploading too many photos, ive also noticed that the homepage editing goes haywire when there are too many (i never counted the exact number, but 40-something sounds about right) and i have had to break them up on multiple pages. it goes crazy and doesnt retain the correct order of the pics or captions.

iDisk either works sometimes or it doesnt... i just deal with it. is there any other choice? i got some wacky error before and coudnt access iDisk anymore, so i tried upgrading to 10.2.3, which wouldnt start up, then had to reinstall jaguar. IDisk is a major pain, but i need to use it...
  • Reply 2 of 2
    [quote]Originally posted by mac's girl:

<strong>hey gobble, long time no see. whats up!?

i keep my folders very organized so i cant empathize with you on #1...LOL.

regarding uploading too many photos, ive also noticed that the homepage editing goes haywire when there are too many (i never counted the exact number, but 40-something sounds about right) and i have had to break them up on multiple pages. it goes crazy and doesnt retain the correct order of the pics or captions.

iDisk either works sometimes or it doesnt... i just deal with it. is there any other choice? i got some wacky error before and coudnt access iDisk anymore, so i tried upgrading to 10.2.3, which wouldnt start up, then had to reinstall jaguar. IDisk is a major pain, but i need to use it...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hey Mac's Girl,

Everything is going well here in India. It actually rained here last week for the first time in three months. Right now it's cloudy and surprisingly cold. There's also been a lot of fog, which I wouldn't have expected.

You can check out some of my India pictures at homepage.mac.com/wallis_johnathan I'm the white guy with the flat top in the leather jacket. My wife is the short blonde. You should recognize the most recent Delhi page - lots of Delhi sites.

Now, can anyone answer my iDisk/Homepage questions...

[ 01-04-2003: Message edited by: gobble gobble ]</p>