Where's the 30th Anniversary Mac

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Take a 30inch 200dpi LED display, put it portrait to think different, put some flashing light down the side, put some out there iPhone mouse combo and built-in 16 processors. Make only 10,000 and sell for $20,000. Has Steve fallen asleep on his 650M and let us down

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    The 30th Anniversary was last year friend.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Also, that sounds like a horrible computer apart from the processing power.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    bevosbevos Posts: 59member
    Knock my design skill

Beats the 6ft high mac mini the media where pressing

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...2408&lsrc=osxh
  • Reply 4 of 10
    nevenmrgannevenmrgan Posts: 240member
    Quit while you're ahead... or rather, while you're still only three miles behind.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    geobegeobe Posts: 235member
    Can someone do a mockup of this?

Take the original 20th anniversary mac and do the following.

Start with the same 20th anniversary design and do the following.

1) Give it the iPhone design look. (Black and Steel Grey color)

2) Detachable - Glossy Multi Touch screen with isight (This incorporates a Tablet PC concept)

Once detached, the screen is used as a tablet PC. On the back of the tablet is a bar that allows it to stand up and a virtual laser keyboard can beam down on the table for typing.

3) A place to physically doc the iPhone on the front so no extra cabling is needed.

4) Vertically mounted Blu-Ray (R+RW disk drive (located in the same physical location as the 20th anniversary mac CD drive)

5) 5.1 surround sound.Same speakers as the 20th Anniv on the side and now a top -center speaker is added. (External rear speakers and sub match design)

6) Wireless BT keyboard and mouse in the same iPhone design schema. User can slide both keyboard and mouse just under the main CPU/screen for instant charging.

7) 24? Screen - This is designed to be an excellent replacement for that regular TV everyone still has. Not a replacement for the HDTV flat panel you have on the wall. :-)

8) The apple logo at the center bottom of the new 30th anniversary doubles as the ?Front Row? button like the Home button works on the iPhone.

9) New 30th anniversary has the same silver bar on the bottom which allows it to stand upright.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    It's not coming, and special edition Computers are just a bad idea anyways.

Sebastian
  • Reply 7 of 10
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    I seem to remember that the 20th Anniversary model was a financial disaster.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Messiah View Post

I seem to remember that the 20th Anniversary model was a financial disaster.

Gee, ya think?
  • Reply 9 of 10
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bevos View Post

Knock my design skill

Beats the 6ft high mac mini the media where pressing

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...2408&lsrc=osxh

"The media?" You mean MacOSXhints?

Someone call the NYT.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    wircwirc Posts: 302member
    Did someone miss that that article was published on April 1st?

Also, this will never happen. Was there a 10th anniversary mac?

And, I'm sorry, good design does not include "flashing lights" without a serious purpose.