Macbook upgrades

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
What do you guys think the chances are of an upgraded GPU in the regular macbook? I kinda don't want to spend $$$ on a MBP, and I am getting a new mac laptop in Oct. when Leopard comes out. The only reason I do not want a MB is the graphics card is so crappy, and when most things are supposedly updated between now and Leopard, I just want 256mb graphics. Any chances?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    It's not going to happen. We'll probably see improved integrated graphics but that's about it.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobmarksdale View Post

What do you guys think the chances are of an upgraded GPU in the regular macbook? I kinda don't want to spend $$$ on a MBP, and I am getting a new mac laptop in Oct. when Leopard comes out. The only reason I do not want a MB is the graphics card is so crappy, and when most things are supposedly updated between now and Leopard, I just want 256mb graphics. Any chances?

A 256 mb graphics card is an upgrade on the entry level MBP! Ain't gonna happen on a Macbook, even as a build to order upgrade.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    gazfocusgazfocus Posts: 4member
    I do agree with you about the graphics. It's about time Apple brought the Macbooks into line with other similarly priced PC laptops (which majority of them have dedicated graphics).

I think though, more important than the graphics, BRING BACK THE 14inch SCREEN! 13.3" Widescreen is far too small
  • Reply 4 of 5
    filburtfilburt Posts: 398member
    I don't understand why Apple chooses to cripple Intel GMA on MacBook, Mac mini, and entry-level iMac. It should use up to 224 MB RAM as needed, just like it does on Windows Vista and XP. Intel GMA X3100 is designed to use up to 256 MB RAM as needed and assuming the Mac has sufficient RAM for other tasks, it should be able to address 256 MB if necessary.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    What if they upgraded the higher level MBPs to 512, the lower MBP to 256 and then they could put the black MB to 128 and leave the white ones still w/integrated... I know its wishful thinking and not going to happen anytime soon but I just really want updates since we did not see any in Jan and it has been so long ... They better do a lot in June/October