When will the new imacs, MBPs, MB, etc actually be available for SALE?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
If they're announced at next month's conference, how long between then and the models actualy going on the market?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 674member
    We really don't know. Sometimes Steve will announce they can be ordered today, sometimes they are available a month or so later.

I've almost given up speculating when new hardware will be out, but it wouldn't surprise me now if they held out for leopard.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpinDrift View Post

We really don't know. Sometimes Steve will announce they can be ordered today, sometimes they are available a month or so later.

I've almost given up speculating when new hardware will be out, but it wouldn't surprise me now if they held out for leopard.

That's what I don't understand. Will this new technology be able to work with Tiger or is Leopard going to be a must?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpinDrift View Post

that would mean almost 12 months without a hardware update

if their gonna do that then they could at least cut the prices of the existing macs???
  • Reply 4 of 8
    xflarexflare Posts: 199member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by superlatic_uk View Post

that would mean almost 12 months without a hardware update

if their gonna do that then they could at least cut the prices of the existing macs???

MORE than 12 months in the case of the Mac Mini and iMac. They were last updated on September 6th 2006.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by slorello View Post

That's what I don't understand. Will this new technology be able to work with Tiger or is Leopard going to be a must?

I am pretty sure that most of it will work with tiger with only a few features exclusive to leopard... but why does this matter anyways because if you buy one of these machines it would have leopard shipped with it, right?
  • Reply 6 of 8
    royboyroyboy Posts: 458member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobmarksdale View Post

I am pretty sure that most of it will work with tiger with only a few features exclusive to leopard... but why does this matter anyways because if you buy one of these machines it would have leopard shipped with it, right?

Mac's ship with what ever is the current OS. Buy a Mac now from Apple and your Mac computer will have OS 10.4.9.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Simple upgrades (like a processor speed bump) usually don't require a wait are usually announced via a simple press release, whereas new products or major changes (like the switch to Intel or a totally new iMac design) are often announced by Jobs a few weeks to months before they are ready.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    krassykrassy Posts: 595member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

Simple upgrades (like a processor speed bump) usually don't require a wait are usually announced via a simple press release, whereas new products or major changes (like the switch to Intel or a totally new iMac design) are often announced by Jobs a few weeks to months before they are ready.

this would be a shame when you think about september 06 for the last iMac update. 9 months later and yet no new cpu or graphics option?