Printer advice

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi,

I'm looking for a info on comparisons of these two Canon printers, the ip4300 and ip6700. I would do it myself if I could find a store that had both functioning models to print from each, but no one does. They only seem to carry the 6700 if at all, and most just have a dummy shell on display. If anyone has tried both, I would greatly appreciate your impressions.

I'm not a Pro photographer, just the average home user who might print a few photos, as well as print web pages and price lists/documents for work. Up until now I have used Shutterfly to print all my photos due to my old HP 952C not being quite up to the task (the HP was great for web pages and text). I suppose I would entertain the thought of doing most of my printing at home if the prints were close to as good (quality and longevity) as a processor without costing a lot more.

My questions are:

1. Is the superiority difference in 6700 over the 4300 for photos (that the reviews seem to claim) greater than the possible superiority of the 4300 over the 6700 for text?. Is the better photo output from the 6700 enough to forget a lab and print everything (4X6) at home whereas the 4300 I would not consider that? And, is the text from the 4300 "close to Laser" quality as I've read, where the 6700 is just so so?Any thoughts?

2. How easy and effective is it to use the 6700's card reader and do necessary retouching on the screen? So far I've used my computer for that and I assume it's still the best for editing. Is the in-printer card reader and editing feature really worth the extra price of the 6700?

3. Does the 6700's screen make navigating the various printer option menus easier than using the computer?

4. Any other feature the 6700 has over the 4300 that was a must have, or just made it a nicer printer?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    aflaaakaflaaak Posts: 210member
    Anyone?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    lfe2211lfe2211 Posts: 507member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aflaaak View Post

Anyone?

What does Google say?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    aflaaakaflaaak Posts: 210member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lfe2211 View Post

What does Google say?

I've checked all the reviews, and I elluded to the results in my post. Since there are no stores that have a functioning printer to try (like they used to), I thought someone may have tried both and have some thoughts on the quality of text and photos from each.