Final Cut EXPRESS = anal violation.

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
This is B#LL F#CK!N SH!T.

On Ken Stone's final cut pro website you'll find hundreds of angry final cut pro users who learned along with me that Final Cut Express is not ANY DIFFERENT that FCP 3. That's right!

AND DON'T EVEN SAY that Final Pro3 is different than Express. IT'S NOT! Even the Apple web site is hard pressed to come up with important differences.

I know this is being done to combat Avid FREE DV Express program. But screwin us over by releasing a $300 version of a $1000 one without any warning is abusive. Why not make Final Cut Express free? Or why not hand out rebate checks for anyone who just bought the f@#!in program last week!!! I know why, because then Steven Job's wouldn't be able to buy his second yacht!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by cheetah:

<strong>This is B#LL F#CK!N SH!T.

On Ken Stone's final cut pro website you'll find hundreds of angry final cut pro users who learned along with me that Final Cut Express is not ANY DIFFERENT that FCP 3. That's right!

AND DON'T EVEN SAY that Final Pro3 is different than Express. IT'S NOT! Even the Apple web site is hard pressed to come up with important differences.

I know this is being done to combat Avid FREE DV Express program. But screwin us over by releasing a $300 version of a $1000 one without any warning is abusive. Why not make Final Cut Express free? Or why not hand out rebate checks for anyone who just bought the f@#!in program last week!!! I know why, because then Steven Job's wouldn't be able to buy his second yacht! </strong><hr></blockquote>

Whoa there, take a chill pill and provide some evidence!

FCP has support for SD, HD and a whole load of stuff whilst FCE only has support for MiniDV and and DVCAM.

FCE appears not to support Cinema Tools as an option, compared to FCP which does list CT as an option.

I can't see any support for EDL in FCE.

So, once again, how does your rant stand up exactly?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    If it was the same, how would making it cheaper be a bad thing?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Because he just paid the full price, so feels personally attacked.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    ryukyuryukyu Posts: 450member
    Here's a list of differences:

<a href="http://www.lafcpug.org/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=20655&t=20629#reply_20655"; target="_blank">FCP vs. FCE</a>
  • Reply 5 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by ryukyu:

<strong>Here's a list of differences:

<a href="http://www.lafcpug.org/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=20655&t=20629#reply_20655"; target="_blank">FCP vs. FCE</a></strong><hr></blockquote>

So Cheetah, it would appear that you shouldn't believe everything you read

[ 01-07-2003: Message edited by: Mark- Card Carrying FanaticRealist ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 8
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    This place cracks me up... (some of the people any way)

Apple cut the price of WebObjects down from what $10,000 or some crazy price to $699 and people we oh so happy.. Apple charges a $49 upgrade price for an app (iDVD) that they ALWAYS charged an upgrade price on and people freak and now Apple cut the price of FCP (with less features mind you) from $999 to $299 and people freak..

Sorry but I hope you can understand why I don't shed a tear for you...

Dave
  • Reply 7 of 8
    [quote]Originally posted by cheetah:

<strong>

On Ken Stone's final cut pro website you'll find hundreds of angry final cut pro users who learned along with me that Final Cut Express is not ANY DIFFERENT that FCP 3. That's right! </strong><hr></blockquote>

What a bunch of idiots. True, Apple should have laid out the differences more clearly however, it doesn't take long to discover most differences on your own.

1. Look at the color correction panel in Express, obviously slimmed down from pro:

<a href="http://www.apple.com/finalcutexpress/"; target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/finalcutexpress/</a>;

2. Export options cut WAY back, just 2 now ...

3. Capture and edit footage from just about any source: film, HD, SD, DV and Analog video

4. Broadcast, film and multimedia editing

You still may have reasons to be mad, because your such a ****ing amature that iMovie would do you fine, let alone Express. Apple obviously took notice when adobe revamped Photoshop elements, and only removed a precious few key features that proffessionals demand, like alpha channels.

[ 01-08-2003: Message edited by: the cool gut ]</p>
  • Reply 8 of 8
    If you guys look up Cheetah's old posts, I believe you will find that most of his points are angry rants like this.

And seeing as this is simply another ill-informed, angry rant, I am employing the Unholy Beatdown Stick.

*SLAM*