Best Music Website?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I listen to music over the internet on a regualr basis, predominantly MySpace and YouTube

because they are easy to use but I checked out Funeral Friends For a Friends new album at

www.purevolume.com which has a superb design and great community feel which allows you to find new artists. I've also tried Pandora (which is being closed to non-US citizens) but what is your favorite website to listen to music from? Any recommendations?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justlukeyou View Post

I listen to music over the internet on a regualr basis, predominantly MySpace and YouTube

because they are easy to use but I checked out Funeral Friends For a Friends new album at

www.purevolume.com which has a superb design and great community feel which allows you to find new artists. I've also tried Pandora (which is being closed to non-US citizens) but what is your favorite website to listen to music from? Any recommendations?

Hi

try this one. Great site, if you like to

get in to new stuff anyway. You won't find any run-of-the-mill crap.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    g_warreng_warren Posts: 713member
    I'm using last.fm these days, it's really handy for finding new stuff.

You install a teeny bit of software of your mac which generates a page of whatever you play in iTunes. You can go to that page and see people with similar tastes or play a 'radio' station based on recommendations generated by the system.

I stopped using it a while back, but just rejoined. My page is here here if you want to see what it looks like.