will mac mini run Photoshop CS3?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
HI Guys

Just wondered if anyone could give me any indication of how I would get on running photoshop CS on one of the new Mac mini's? I am afraid I haven't had a Mac for about 8 years so a bit out of the loop!

thanks!

Matt

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by matt5515 View Post

HI Guys

Just wondered if anyone could give me any indication of how I would get on running photoshop CS on one of the new Mac mini's? I am afraid I haven't had a Mac for about 8 years so a bit out of the loop!

thanks!

Matt

It will need a lot of ram and the mini gma 950 that eats 80meg for video does not help.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    k squaredk squared Posts: 608member
    Except that PS doesn't use the graphics card, right? Or are you just referring the the RAM taken away from PS to feed the GMA 950?

A faster external hard drive and maxed out RAM should work. If you can, just go to an Apple Store and see for yourself.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,443moderator
    It runs CS3 just fine. I would probably go for 2GB Ram for Indesign work but you might get away with 1GB for the rest. Indesign seems to use the most Ram out of all the CS3 apps.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    karl kuehnkarl kuehn Posts: 756member
    If you are a graphics professional then it is not worth it to get a mini. The it will pay for itself to get the best MacPro and RAM combination that you can get. If you are looking to dabble a little, then it is ok.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    dr01dydr01dy Posts: 3member
    Photoshop CS3 works on my mini its not amazingly fast but it works for what I need it for.

hope it helps
  • Reply 6 of 6
    wircwirc Posts: 302member
    InDesign uses the most RAM in basic operations, especially if you have a lot of images in a document. But Photoshop causes RAM usage and processor use to spike when it performs a lot of the functions.