iPhoto slideshow question

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am trying to add music to my slideshow in iphoto. My problem is that when I open the window to do this, my entire itunes library shows up in the song list and iphoto won't let me select specific songs or even rearrange the list by clicking and dragging. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sherimurphy View Post

I am trying to add music to my slideshow in iphoto. My problem is that when I open the window to do this, my entire itunes library shows up in the song list and iphoto won't let me select specific songs or even rearrange the list by clicking and dragging. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Hi Sheri,

Have you tried to create a playlist in iTunes with only the songs you want to play in the slideshow? If not, try that, then in iPhoto, find that playlist by clicking on the iTuns logo in your slideshow. that is how I do it.

Hope this helps.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cmdrspidey View Post

Hi Sheri,

Have you tried to create a playlist in iTunes with only the songs you want to play in the slideshow? If not, try that, then in iPhoto, find that playlist by clicking on the iTuns logo in your slideshow. that is how I do it.

Hope this helps.

Hi! Thanks for your suggestion. I do actually have a perfect playlist for the slideshow saved in itunes. However, what I am seeing in the window is my library but none of my playlists. Do you know how to make the playlists show?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Hi! Thanks for your suggestion. I do actually have a perfect playlist for the slideshow saved in itunes. However, what I am seeing in the window is my library but none of my playlists. Do you know how to make the playlists show?

This may sound silly since I don't know exactly what you are doing. When you open up the "music icon" for iTunes while in your iPhoto slideshow, are you seeing a list that says something like Sample Music, Garageband, Garageband Demo songs, and then the iTunes icon? If that is all you are seeing, click on the little triangle next to the iTunes icon. This should open up all of your playlists that you have created in the past in iTunes.

If you are already past this, we can try to figure it out. Hope that works.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Okay, I feel totally lame. That was what I was looking for. Thanks so much for your help. I'm new to owning a computer so it's the little things that sometimes are what I'm missing. Thank you!
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Okay, I feel totally lame. That was what I was looking for. Thanks so much for your help. I'm new to owning a computer so it's the little things that sometimes are what I'm missing. Thank you!

Whew, I am glad it was that easy. No matter how long you own a computer, there always seem to be new things. Godd luck and have fun with the slideshows.