Macbook Pro 13" Possibility

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Hey what do you think are possibility of apple rolling out a Macbook pro 13" anytime in the near future?

Could those 13 inch LEDS be destined for the Macbook Pro 13"? ???

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    musltngbluemusltngblue Posts: 303member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by woop View Post

Hey what do you think are possibility of apple rolling out a Macbook pro 13" anytime in the near future?

Nope. Sources have confirmed that the 13" screen order is destined for the coming sub-notebook by Apple. Read the news headlines.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MusLtngBlue View Post

Nope. Sources have confirmed that the 13" screen order is destined for the coming sub-notebook by Apple. Read the news headlines.

Wouldn't be much more than a MacBook b/c I think that is what they have.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    hobbithobbit Posts: 532member
    Quote:

What makes a sub-notebook a sub-notebook? Would anyone consider the 12" PowerBook to be a sub-notebook? Don't think so. It was merely an iBook in a metal shell (plus a better graphics card). Or was the iBook a sub-notebook?

So why would a rumored notebook with a 13" screen be a sub-notebook? Isn't a 13" screen still a tad bit too large to classify 'sub'? All the 'sub-notebooks' I've seen have 10.4" displays maximum...

Where I'm getting at is that this could in fact be a MacBook Pro. Just a bit thinner due to the lack of a CD/DVD drive. Would that make it a sub-notebook? Would the 13" MacBook classify as a sub-notebook if it were a bit thinner?

I'd say this rumored 13" panel is either going to be a new lower end MacBook Pro model, or some sort of multitouch supporting 'tablet' in the widest sense (however Apple is interpreting 'tablet', they might re-invent the term).

If this device is intended to appeal to the Japanese market it's most likely a smaller MacBook Pro as this allows to upsell people to bigger models in the same range (MacBook Pros), rather than introducing a new type of notebook ('sub', 'tablet' or whatever) which has no upsell possibilities as there is only one model.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    vmwadevmwade Posts: 2member
    I personally don't consider anything with a 13" screen to be a sub notebook. However, I would buy a MacBook pro with a 13" screen and a real graphics card -- even if it was a little thicker.

I hope the subnotebook will be in the 10.4 range or less.

I'm hoping they introduce a 13" widescreen MacBook Pro next month. My iBook G3 is getting a long in the tooth.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

If by the "near future" you mean WWDC, I think there's a 35% chance.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

If by the "near future" you mean WWDC, I think there's a 35% chance.

Between now and WWDC, I would give it an 80% chance for at least an announcement, 73% for an actual release.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    rich-mysterrich-myster Posts: 771member
    Quote:

Between now and WWDC, I would give it an 80% chance for at least an announcement, 73% for an actual release.

no way. irelands number was a bit more reasonable.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    rogue68rogue68 Posts: 98member
    Quote:

I think so. Since they've just updated the MB it stands to reason new orders on led screens are more likely heading for the overdue MBP update.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    I think so too. Since both iBooks were replaced by a single 13" MacBook (with two color options) and the 12" PowerBook has been discontinued, Apple has two fewer notebooks than before. Surely this must leave room for something. I expect a new portable by WWDC if not before (but not soon after). June and July will be "iPhone summer." Nothing else will be released after iPhone for at least a month, IMO.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    15" MacBook possible, 13" Pro machine no way as it looks today...
  • Reply 11 of 12
    4metta4metta Posts: 365member
    Which is a HUGE mistake by Apple.

A lot of people want a 13" mbp they could hook up to an external monitor at home.

Only reason I haven't gone pro is 15" is too big for a portable. 13" barely fits in my backpack with all the books.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

no way. irelands number was a bit more reasonable.

Oh, whoops, went and re-read, and I confused myself. Chances for a 13" LED MBP = .5% on the generous side.