Official WWDC 2007 Keynote CountDOWN Thread

Comments

• Reply 61 of 303
    shanmugamshanmugam Posts: 1,200member
    Rich-Myster, your clock ahead of 10 hours.

exactly 8 days to go!
  • Reply 62 of 303
    carlito2carlito2 Posts: 43member
    excuse the ignorence but what time is the key note in england ????

Ireland any help here ????

is there a world clock program for that "operating system that shell not be named" ???

i'm on holiday on the 11th and my internet at home is down and won't be back on for an age (should pay the bill really.... )

so i cann't even check it out at work

am i the unluckest or what
  • Reply 63 of 303
    rich-mysterrich-myster Posts: 771member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shanmugam View Post

Rich-Myster, your clock ahead of 10 hours.

exactly 8 days to go!

lol i didn't make the thing, i don't even have a mac to use it on ...
  • Reply 64 of 303
    rich-mysterrich-myster Posts: 771member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by carlito2 View Post

is there a world clock program for that "operating system that shell not be named" ???

i'm on holiday on the 11th and my internet at home is down and won't be back on for an age (should pay the bill really.... )

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
  • Reply 65 of 303
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

lol i didn't make the thing, i don't even have a mac to use it on ...

OK, it is 10 hours ahead anyway.
  • Reply 66 of 303
    Quote:

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...0&sec=0&p0=224
  • Reply 67 of 303
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Hopefully you have OS X, and a Mac for that matter. If you do then download this widget and worry no more.

(note to other guys, this widget is set to GMT)
  • Reply 68 of 303
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:

Hi everybody, if you don't have the Mac widget please use this online thing for PC, etc.

Also, if you have any widgets please check against this link, it is correct....
  • Reply 69 of 303
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Hi all, back from lurking, gonna be more visible this month, with WWDC 1 week from now and June29th iPhone.

Here's who I am involved with:

http://www.machines.com.my

It's one of *the* major retailers in Malaysia, Apple Premium Reseller (can't use Apple Centre around the world anymore), don't let the website fool you.

Yeah, we're working on various things right now,

most importantly I am trying to pace myself with all this stuff.

The company is small (ish) but growing quite rapidly, got some good people in there.

Right now I am a lowly peon but the future seems good. We'll see...

It is very exciting but avoiding burnout and managing other non-Apple parts of my life is important too.

Thanks for the discussions, flames, whatever, it has prepared me for an actual OMFG Apple reseller job.
  • Reply 70 of 303
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member
    Good to see you again, Suni, in Suniform. Looks like a nice place to be working; bet the learning curve is steep. Be sure to share what you are allowed to!

We are quickly approaching the one-week-to-go point after which sleep will become a figment of my imagination.

Sadly just had a major outlay on something entirely unrelated to Macs so I may have to hold off on purchasing any newly released items for a little while.

OK. Waiting's over.
  • Reply 71 of 303
    sunilramansunilraman Posts: 8,133member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Good to see you again, Suni, in Suniform. Looks like a nice place to be working; bet the learning curve is steep. Be sure to share what you are allowed to!

<hint>Well we're offering free iPod Shuffle and Apple Wireless Mouse with every MacBook Pro.</hint>

Seriously though, the momentum is towards new MacBook Pros at WWDC, though honestly I don't know anymore than Kasper's letting out.

Quote:

We are quickly approaching the one-week-to-go point after which sleep will become a figment of my imagination.

Sadly just had a major outlay on something entirely unrelated to Macs so I may have to hold off on purchasing any newly released items for a little while.

[5 seconds]

OK. Waiting's over.

ha ha

nice.

I blew so much cash (well, as a % of my income anyways) on Apple in the past 5+ years I figured, might as well work for them (if you can't beat em...).
  • Reply 72 of 303
    7 Days and an Hour to Go
  • Reply 73 of 303
    Suni, it only takes me one second to hit return three times...

• Reply 74 of 303
    nevenmrgannevenmrgan Posts: 240member
    n00b question, sorry - can somebody dig up a link to one of those "we'll post a direct link to the QT of the Keynote when it's available" pages for me, please? Much obliged.
  • Reply 75 of 303
    The QT of the keynote will first appear on Apple's site sometime later in the day after the keynote (usually). Quite likely this very thread will have a message once the QT is up.

There are also several sites that have typed updates through the keynote. Macrumors almost always has one and it works pretty well.

You can also jump onto AI's chat and somebody inevitably starts reposting the updates there ass if there are posting live themselves. There are also lots of little conversations going on in between, which makes it quite an adventure.
  • Reply 76 of 303
    Thanks, but the whole point is that I DON'T want live coverage of the event. I'd rather get the spiel from Steve than from bullet-point updates. More entertaining.

I know MacRumos has a page set up for this purpose - I'm not sure if AppleInsider does as well. I'm looking for a link to either one of those.
  • Reply 77 of 303
    Did you read the first part of my post? The QT is posted to Apple's site. The best way to find it is to keep loading Apple's site (I check it once an hour). Or use the QT Player. This thread will also have a post announcing the posting of the QT and will have a link. What more do you wish for?
  • Reply 78 of 303
    6 days 10 hours 55 minutes

Insomnia has begun...

Ai is reporting a new MBP coming out maybe tonight; hope it doesn't outdate my recently purchased one or I will be so mad I might have to buy a new one.
  • Reply 79 of 303
    Quote:

Did you read the first part of my post? The QT is posted to Apple's site. The best way to find it is to keep loading Apple's site (I check it once an hour). Or use the QT Player. This thread will also have a post announcing the posting of the QT and will have a link. What more do you wish for?

If I load Apple's site on June 11, I'll get the scoop on what's been announced. That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. The very link to the QT will include a brief summary of the biggest announcements.

That's the whole point of the pages I'm talking about. They link directly to the QT without giving away anything from the keynote. This isn't a new concept, it's been done in the past. That's how I watched the last keynote. I was just asking if anyone had the link one of the pages set up for that purpose.
  • Reply 80 of 303
    Quick Time Player probably will do that... Apple doesn't post QTs of products, but they do of the Keynote. (No peeking before Christmas...) Pop open QT Player and the content guide should show the Keynote at some point without any other info.

Sorry; I always stay up all night (I live in Japan and the Keynote starts at 2:00am) on chat following the play-by-play and then watch the Keynote later if I have time or to watch the really good parts.