Adium error

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have tried to add in my adium my yahoo account and when it imports it, doesn't display the icons (avatars) of my contacts.

So I have even reinstalled the adium application and still it doesn't work. My msn and mac accounts work fine and I can see avatars. In the "Appearance" pref menu of adium I have set user icon on, in Messages pref menu, user icon is also on and in advanced settings I have it like this:

I also use Growl.

What can I do to solve this?

Instead of the user icon when I set the setting on, it displays the red "Y" sign from yahoo, instead of the avatar.

Could there be a setting from my yahoo account or something?

10x

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    For me Adium takes a while to update buddy icons, sometimes days. I think it is based on when your buddy updates or something. I cleared my cache once and lost ALL the icons and it took about a week for the defaults to be replaced.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    artanisartanis Posts: 156member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ebby View Post

For me Adium takes a while to update buddy icons, sometimes days. I think it is based on when your buddy updates or something. I cleared my cache once and lost ALL the icons and it took about a week for the defaults to be replaced.

Ok, I will wait few days. It happened to me in the past to refresh really late some avatars, but never not to display the avatars of my entire contact list.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Adium has become a LOT more buggy with the last few releases.

I agree. I have used adium since 0.7 and the features were pretty much the same as this 1.0.3. Unfortunately the newer was the version since 0.7 more bugs occured to me. I don't know, this could be maybe I have Panther on my iMac G5, but adium is getting weird for me.