What TV are using with AppleTV?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I am thinking about upgrading to HDTV and getting an AppleTV and I would like to know what combination everybody is using. The Apple Store here has a Sony TV on display and the picture looks pretty good.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    artguyartguy Posts: 7member
    I've got a 42" Panasonic Plasma. I've been ripping DVD and eyeTV recordings using VisualHub, and they look great!
  • Reply 2 of 9
    nevenmrgannevenmrgan Posts: 240member
    I'm running mine on a 32" Westinghouse LCD. I'm very happy with it.

I'm not an expert on the latest generation of HDTVs, but you'll find threads complaining about the picture quality on the Sony Bravias they use in Apple stores. From what I've seen, the picture on those is much poorer than on my TV - it looks like they upscale the image very oddly.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    squall58squall58 Posts: 29member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nevenmrgan View Post

I'm running mine on a 32" Westinghouse LCD. I'm very happy with it.

I'm not an expert on the latest generation of HDTVs, but you'll find threads complaining about the picture quality on the Sony Bravias they use in Apple stores. From what I've seen, the picture on those is much poorer than on my TV - it looks like they upscale the image very oddly.

sorry for that, not agree what you said~ the movie which is ripping by mp4converter is looked very good in my Sony Bravias
  • Reply 4 of 9
    nevenmrgannevenmrgan Posts: 240member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Squall58 View Post

sorry for that, not agree what you said~ the movie which is ripping by mp4converter is looked very good in my Sony Bravias

It has nothing to do with the file itself - many people have complained about the Bravias' upscaling algorithm. Look at the same upscaled video on a Bravia and another TV side by side. I'm not saying they're bad TVs, but if we're picking an AppleTV set, I'd caution against them.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    alice167alice167 Posts: 4member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nevenmrgan View Post

It has nothing to do with the file itself - many people have complained about the Bravias' upscaling algorithm. Look at the same upscaled video on a Bravia and another TV side by side. I'm not saying they're bad TVs, but if we're picking an AppleTV set, I'd caution against them.

i agree what you said,no relationship with the file or the file ripping tool,such as the squall mentioned"mp4converter".
  • Reply 6 of 9
    cloud167cloud167 Posts: 20member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alice167 View Post

i agree what you said,no relationship with the file or the file ripping tool,such as the squall mentioned"mp4converter".

plz remember that, there are big difference in H.264 FORMAT and mpeg4.~ how colud there are no relationshi with file and file format?
  • Reply 7 of 9
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cloud167 View Post

plz remember that, there are big difference in H.264 FORMAT and mpeg4.~ how colud there are no relationshi with file and file format?

Pas comprendre!
  • Reply 8 of 9
    chistychisty Posts: 6member
    I do care about this topic also, and is there anyother info to share?
  • Reply 9 of 9
    sigs21sigs21 Posts: 82member
    I am running a 40 sony xbr 3 lcd.. and only one or two programs have not looked that great.. It is not 1080 p like my blu ray but the trailers are really good and some Tv shows like lost have been very good..