No linking ability for new users

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
They should have to reach a threshold of 10 posts before they can link. Other than that you guys are "quickdraw McGraws" here and I appreciate that. SPAM bots suck.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 3
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post


    They should have to reach a threshold of 10 posts before they can link. Other than that you guys are "quickdraw McGraws" here and I appreciate that. SPAM bots suck.



    I already said this: it wouldn't prevent them from posting the URL and it would only serve to annoy new users.



    Sebastian
  • Reply 2 of 3
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,341member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post


    I already said this: it wouldn't prevent them from posting the URL and it would only serve to annoy new users.



    Sebastian



    Regardless, it's simple measure that has little downside. Those who wish to provide meaningful discussion can produce 10 unbannable messages easily in the first day.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post


    Regardless, it's simple measure that has little downside. Those who wish to provide meaningful discussion can produce 10 unbannable messages easily in the first day.



    There is still no point if they can just post the URL. Anyone dead set on clicking the link to see where it leads can just copy and paste the URL just as easily. Anyone who recognizes it as spam isn't going to bother at all.



    Sebastian
Sign In or Register to comment.