Problems with USB ports

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Greetings. I'm having problems with my USB ports. I've a Mac G4 tower, running Mac OS 10.3.9.

About six weeks ago, I started having problems. The first thing I noticed was that I would be backing up data to a flash drive and suddenly, the icon would disappear from my screen and I would get the error message that the drive had been removed. In addition, my CD burner that attaches through USB port no longer will burn a CD. It will start and then somewhere into it, there will be some sort of problem and it stalls.

I took the machine in for service, they really didn't find anything wrong, and they replaced the motherboard, but the problem persists.

In addition, my mouse sometimes freezes, or stalls, or reacts slowly. I've switched USB ports, moving things around plugging into different ports, bought a hub, added memory. The problem still persists.

Any Help here??

Thank you.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    pb1300pb1300 Posts: 33member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Greetings. I'm having problems with my USB ports. I've a Mac G4 tower, running Mac OS 10.3.9.

About six weeks ago, I started having problems. The first thing I noticed was that I would be backing up data to a flash drive and suddenly, the icon would disappear from my screen and I would get the error message that the drive had been removed. In addition, my CD burner that attaches through USB port no longer will burn a CD. It will start and then somewhere into it, there will be some sort of problem and it stalls.

I took the machine in for service, they really didn't find anything wrong, and they replaced the motherboard, but the problem persists.

In addition, my mouse sometimes freezes, or stalls, or reacts slowly. I've switched USB ports, moving things around plugging into different ports, bought a hub, added memory. The problem still persists.

Any Help here??

Thank you.

If you like you can email me directly at [email protected]

Its saying:

USB Over Current Notice.

A USB device is currently drawing too much power.

The hub it is attached to will be deactivated.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    pb1300pb1300 Posts: 33member
    Sorry, wrong topic.