if no more 17 inch, would there be a price drop?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
For the iMacs, it seems pretty certain from all the rumors that Apple is going to get rid of the 17 inch. If they do would the price of the 20-inch drop to what the 17-inch one is now?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tkelly View Post

For the iMacs, it seems pretty certain from all the rumors that Apple is going to get rid of the 17 inch. If they do would the price of the 20-inch drop to what the 17-inch one is now?

Thanks

I think the price will drop but not to the levels of the 17" model. It would be interesting to see if the low end 20" will get integrated graphics. With only two display sizes and three at most standard configurations this could be perceived as a dowgrade of the iMac line.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    musltngbluemusltngblue Posts: 303member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

I think the price will drop but not to the levels of the 17" model. It would be interesting to see if the low end 20" will get integrated graphics. With only two display sizes and three at most standard configurations this could be perceived as a downgrade of the iMac line.

...Which is why I think Apple still has something up their sleeves that we haven't heard about or thought of. The iMac is Apple's biggest success in the desktop line, so there's no way they'd downgrade the line so much, only to step up to the MacPro. What I wouldn't mind seeing is a souped-down MacPro from the quad Xeons... perhaps giving it a couple Core2Duos or single Xeon to make it more accessible for consumer-level customers who want the expandability, but still with some bulk to it.