iChat Video Chat with Vista???

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hey there, I just wanted to know if it's possible to video chat using iChat AV 3 on my Mac and connecting to a PC running Vista using AIM 6.1. AIM 5.9 no longer works (or for that matter shows a video chat option on the PC). I have my firewall setup to allow TCP Ports 5190 and 5298 and UPD Ports 5060, 5190, 5297, 5298 and 5678 to go through. Right now I'm bouncing off a wireless router at my home - do I need to allow AIM through at the router as well, or is there something on the Vista end I need to do ... or both? Right now when we attempt to video chat the conference never initiates because "User Name Did Not Respond" and then asks if I want to send an error report. Does anyone have an idea what I can do here? Thanks a bunch...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    agnuke1707agnuke1707 Posts: 487member
    So, after I got home this evening I opened up the same firewall ports my iMac is using for iChat on my wireless router, but still no luck ... anyone have any ideas what might be going on???
  • Reply 2 of 2
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    The above post is a great suggestion but...

try this yet?

http://www.mvldesign.com/video_conference_tutorial.html

Also, turn off all firewalls on your computers and try. If it still doesn't work, make sure you fully patch your computers, then plug them directly into the internet and try