potential new Mac owner is confused...help!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
With all this talk about a possible new iMac and the fact that Leopard is coming in October, I am confused.



I would have purchased my first Mac ever this past weekend but I was not sure. Should I wait until after that June conference and see what is introduced?



Also, I am not familiar with the way Apple does things. In the past when new computers were introduced did Apple significantly lower the price tag on the outgoing model?

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 4
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,698member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post


    I would have purchased my first Mac ever this past weekend but I was not sure. Should I wait until after that June conference and see what is introduced?



    Yes.





    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post


    Also, I am not familiar with the way Apple does things. In the past when new computers were introduced did Apple significantly lower the price tag on the outgoing model?



    This is often the case. Go to the Apple Store, and scroll down until you see a link on the left: "Special Deals".
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. H View Post


    Yes.









    This is often the case. Go to the Apple Store, and scroll down until you see a link on the left: "Special Deals".





    Thanks!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Judging from the increased savings percentage for the refurbished Mac Book and Mac Book Pro in the online Apple Store, something besides coffee and tea is brewing Cupertino. The deals are very tempting. I don't know if I can wait until the conference. There has to be a way to find out what Apple is planning!!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post


    Judging from the increased savings percentage for the refurbished Mac Book and Mac Book Pro in the online Apple Store, something besides coffee and tea is brewing Cupertino. The deals are very tempting. I don't know if I can wait until the conference. There has to be a way to find out what Apple is planning!!



    There is, Work for them!



    Otherwise, NOPE!
Sign In or Register to comment.