The iPhone or Nothing!!!

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I have been using my Sony Ericsson P900 for a 'long' time now and it's starting to choke. I went to an 02 shop (UK Phone Network) today and played with some of the smart phones in the XDA range www.my-xda.com. They were all absolutely bloody horrible for lots of different reasons.

I really need a phone soon but i'm not prepared to buy anything but the iPhone. Do you think it will be possible to use an American iPhone on the UK networks in some form or another? (I know i'll be able to get hold of one, somehow)

I want to use the internet via WiFi so that's not a problem but do any of you tech heads think there will be a real possibility for me to make phone calls? Surely the Hacking community will jump straight on this? AppleTV x 10!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    If you can buy them without a contract, you should be able to legally get it unlocked and stick in any SIM you want.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    dazabritdazabrit Posts: 273member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

If you can buy them without a contract, you should be able to legally get it unlocked and stick in any SIM you want.

True. I spose I'd better wait until the end of June and see what the deal is with contracts etc... A Sim Free version would likely be ultra-expensive and I can't hold out until 4th quarter for the UK release (October at the earliest I should imagine).

I'll just have to wait and see what happens with their American strategy.

2 Year Contract:

$499 - 4Gb

$599 - 8Gb

Sim Free:

$799 - 4Gb

$899 - 8Gb

If something like this ever happens.... I'll shoot myself in the head at pointblank range (and then I'll buy one)