Problem with duplicated emails within Mail

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Sometime back I changed from Entourage to the Mac's Mail program and a odd problem developed at that time with duplicated emails. I have to explain the unique email situation below:

I run a business and have multiple emails. I have a web site hosted on a web server. My two web sites are avcdistributor.com and avcconsulting.info. These web sites are separate but since they are on the same web server they share email. For example I have sales as a email so there's [email protected] and [email protected]. A customer can email me at either of these two emails but technically since it's the same web server it's stored in the same space. For example if someone sends a email to [email protected] if I were to only check [email protected] it would show up there. When I get a email I can tell which email address it was sent to (consulting or distributor) which helps. I could simply set it up to just check [email protected] for example but then I am unable to send a email from [email protected]. I also have a info, mweigl, and techsupport email.

It does the duplicate emails with all of these email addresses (8 total) but I also have a personal pop account that's just one email and it doesn't do it for these so I know it's related to the above situation. When I first used Entourage it seemed I had a similar problem but no longer have that. Is there any way around this? I don't see where I have Mail set up to leave email on a server so it seems once it checks [email protected] for example when it checks [email protected] that email should be gone.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    we have the same problem here as well which have popped up over the last few months.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Since changing to Apple Mail, I've been receiving duplicate pictures (sometimes triplicate or more) within most emails. These come from different correspondents; the problem isn't with them. It's no big deal except it may be filling up my storage faster since I keep the pix. I can't eliminate the second or third set within the original email. If I forward them to myself, I can edit out the extras, but that is a pain.