iChat has everyone given up?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
It seems that there are no active chatrooms, a few people tried to use 'Appleinsider' and there was 'cocadev' and possibly 'carbondev' but I have been unable to find any others.

Carbon6dev are using an AOL chatroom for instant support, hat's off to them but this cannot be seen using iChat.

This rather depressing news leads to the quiestion as to wether this application will be left to die, or be developed further. It was one of the notable absenses at MWSF, while most other iApps were brought to dat iChat has just stood still.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I didn't expect an iChat update so soon. They never update an iApp that quickly. Why wouldn't an AIM chat room work with iChat? The idea was to tap into AIM, not create yet another protocol.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    The majority of the people I know use iChat, including myself, even though it has some bugs.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Yeah, I'm disappointed that the AppleInsider iChat is almost always empty. Before the keynote, there was some activity. But it's dead again.

A shame, because as much as I dig these boards I really like talking to many here in real time.

Anyone know any other chats? Names of other Mac or graphic oriented chats I could check into via iChat?

How would/could I go about finding that out?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    I dont use it at all. I really need something that can support MSN. Pitty looks like an OK app.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    One thing it needs is a means for first-timers to make their initial acquaintances. Where are the appleinsider chat rooms?

ATTC
  • Reply 6 of 9
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    i need iChat to make it easier to read peopel's away messages, info and more customization
  • Reply 7 of 9
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    Jaguar

dotMac

Appleinsider

MWSF2003 used to be busy

apple

there is a website with an incomplete list
  • Reply 8 of 9
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    You weirdos. I use iChat on a daily basis. It's all I need in an instant messaging app.* For a short while I went back to Proteus, but it's so much slower, so bloated, inelegant, and unintegrated with the Address Book?not to mention those other services are filled with idiots, especially ICQ?now all I use is iChat. I don't use iChat for public chatting, that's what greater protocols such as IRC were made for.

* Well, okay, I could use the ability to connect to multiple screen names, and the videoconferencing thing that we know is coming sounds pretty jiffy.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Gimmie my voice chat features that I want and I'll start flocking with the rest of ya. Till then iChat can float in my dock and just look pretty.