New MacBook Pro's Released!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Quite a good upgrade actually. LED on the 15.4", and available high res 1920 x 1200 on the 17". Plus the 8600m GT Nvidia card up to 256mb and Santa Rosa... I'm going to buy one in two hours... torn between the 17" high res (my last two PowerBook and MacBooks have been 17" or the (better?) 15" LED....

I noticed it's 4-6 weeks if you want the 7200RPM hard drive on the Apple Store... that's a bummer.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Since those are now "Current Hardware" how about those new iMacs next week?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by psychodoughboy View Post

Since those are now "Current Hardware" how about those new iMacs next week?

I know, thank you very much... I realized 8 seconds after posting this that it was in the wrong category, then I realized that there's already a thread like this in "Current Hardware". I asked them to delete this post but they haven't yet.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    coreywebcoreyweb Posts: 10member
    Hey guys? I'm getting a laptop soon for college. I'm planning on majoring in Graphic design. The new macbook pro is pretty tempting. But its also quite a bit more money. I can configure the macbook to almost the same as the low end Macbook pro, although it wouldn't have Santa Rosa or LED....

I guess I was just wondering if you guys think ( for graphic design), the 15 Macbook pro would be better?? If I was to buy the Pro, it would be more than just a 2.16 to 2.2 upgrade right? Cause Santa Rosa adds more than just clock speed I'd presume. ( I must admit though, I like the design and polycarbonate case of the Macbook better)
  • Reply 4 of 6
    For graphic design you need the pro. If you dont want to spend the moeny check out referbished models and make sure you are using your EDU discount on the new models.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    rich-mysterrich-myster Posts: 771member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacSuperiority View Post

For graphic design you need the pro. If you dont want to spend the moeny check out referbished models and make sure you are using your EDU discount on the new models.

meh, you could use the macbook, just get 2gb ram, the difference between the 2.2 and 2.6 isn't that major. the only thing is is that you need a bigger screen to actually see what you're doing, so get a cheap-o screen to go along with the macbook.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    coreywebcoreyweb Posts: 10member
    Can the Macbook run Logic Express??

So basically what, the Macbook would WORK.....but you guys would suggest the bigger screen of the MBP?