Parallels 3.0 is Available for Download

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    sherodsherod Posts: 8member
    Hi guys

Anybody else have problems with Parallels not offering a free upgrade to version 3.0 even for those who purchased during 'Free full version upgrades' promotions?

I'm being told that I have to pay, even tho I purchased after an offer they made on 2nd of December last year:

"Purchase Parallels Desktop for Mac by December 23rd 2006 and receive 1 year of FREE Full Version Upgrades for each purchased copy!"

The reason given by their support is "Parallels Desktop 3.0 is a major upgrade for Parallels Desktop"

Thats beside the point - they promised something, I bought it, they should honor that promise.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    If you haven't done so already, take a look in the Parallels forums where you will find a FAQ for upgrading. Here.

I've had problems registering version 3.0 and also because of the amount of negative traffic regarding this new product I've gone back to version 2.5 which works perfectly. Parallels have already suggested they will be providing an update to the new product very soon so I'll sit back and wait.

Richard.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Waiting for WWDC before I jump on the parallels bandwagon.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    mrpiddlymrpiddly Posts: 406member
    Parallels only supports DX8.1 right?

What about boot camp, does it do higher such as dx9 or maybe even DX10, if you could get one of those cards into a mac.