When Will Apple Release....

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
A tribute to the threads of yesteryear and our favorite novice posters:

-A truly robust Macbook: 3GHZ C2D with 1GB graphics, 17" screen, 3 batteries, Blu-Ray/HD-DVD Universal Burner, bundled Aperture, Final Cut and 2 free iPods, and an iPhone with free 2 year unlimited bundle...all for $1999?

-a headless iMac with 6 PCI slots. $999

-a new iMac with a screen "that floats in midair." Really..the thing fuckin' floats, yo!

-A dual PPC and Intel machine with Mac OSX, Windows Vista Ultimate, XP, native MS-DOS and QWERTY keyboard, in a stunning 3X5 inch enclosure.

The most outrageous of all rumors:

The completion of "a successor to Appleworks."

Yes, I'm drinking.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

-A truly robust Macbook: 3GHZ C2D with 1GB graphics, 17" screen, 3 batteries, Blu-Ray/HD-DVD Universal Burner, bundled Aperture, Final Cut and 2 free iPods, and an iPhone with free 2 year unlimited bundle...all for $1999?

-a new iMac with a screen "that floats in midair." Really..the thing fuckin' floats, yo!

-A dual PPC and Intel machine with Mac OSX, Windows Vista Ultimate, XP, native MS-DOS and QWERTY keyboard, in a stunning 3X5 inch enclosure.

The most outrageous of all rumors:

The completion of "a successor to Appleworks."

Yes, I'm drinking.

Funniest post of the week.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    Quote:

pci is dieing off and 6 pci-e slots may have a hard time fitting in to days mb and chip set ups. more like is 2 pci-e x16 slots in x8 , x8 or x16 , 1x / x4 with x1 slots maybe a x4 slot and 1-2 pci slots.

Quote:

that may be doable on a system with amd cpus useing the HyperTransport bus.
  • Reply 3 of 18
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joe_the_dragon View Post

pci is dieing off and 6 pci-e slots may have a hard time fitting in to days mb and chip set ups. more like is 2 pci-e x16 slots in x8 , x8 or x16 , 1x / x4 with x1 slots maybe a x4 slot and 1-2 pci slots.

that may be doable on a system with amd cpus useing the HyperTransport bus.

Please look up the terms:

Sarcasm

Parody

Humor

Alcohol

Have a nice day.
  • Reply 4 of 18
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    In all seriousness, how come Apple doesn't offer differenet graphics memory options in their MacBook Pro computers? If there was one option I would pick on the current 1999.99 model, it would be more graphic card memory.
  • Reply 5 of 18
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:

Please look up the terms:

Sarcasm

Parody

Humor

Alcohol

Have a nice day.

Didn't find anything under "humor". I did find something under "too much time on your hands" though.
  • Reply 6 of 18
    I'm beginning to believe that joe the dragon is an android that doesn't have human emotions or thoughts.
  • Reply 7 of 18
    maimezvousmaimezvous Posts: 802member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood View Post

I'm beginning to believe that joe the dragon is an android that doesn't have human emotions or thoughts.

Nah he's probably just can't read so has the speech function on his make read for him. Everything sounds serious when read by a computer.

Sarcastic inflection is one of the secret Leopard features. It will probably help joe the dragon out a lot.

EDIT: If you have a Mac you have to have it read SDW's post. It's fuckin' hilarious.
  • Reply 8 of 18
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Where's the iBooze? Any drink you want directly from the machine. $2.99 drinks, no tip.
  • Reply 9 of 18
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maimezvous View Post

If you have a Mac you have to have it read SDW's post. It's fuckin' hilarious.

Man, you're right. That was extremely entertaining!
  • Reply 10 of 18
    mrtotesmrtotes Posts: 760member
    Quote:

-a headless iMac with 6 PCI slots. $999.

Ah the IIfx; where there ever even 6 types of NuBus card?
  • Reply 11 of 18
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Got some for ya....

AMP (cheers to Robert K. Morgan wherever you are...)

i???? (who was that kormac I think?)

i???? v2 (kormac again?(

Dave
  • Reply 12 of 18
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    Quote:

ROFL!!! And 6 optical drive bays, 18 hard drive bays, octo-SLI and replaceable mobo/CPU from Apple for $105.99 each.
  • Reply 13 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrtotes View Post

Apple's postmarketing research showed that 95% of the owners of Mac IIs didn't add any cards at all.
  • Reply 14 of 18
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lundy View Post

Apple's postmarketing research showed that 95% of the owners of Mac IIs didn't add any cards at all.

what % of pc owners don't like AIO ?

the thing is apple has no head-less system with good video in the $500-$1900 range.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    If you want to start up the xMac stuff again, make a new thread.

Regarding the % of PC owners who don't like AIO, it's near zero, because none of them have tried an AIO.
  • Reply 16 of 18
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    Quote:

Regarding the % of PC owners who don't like AIO, it's near zero, because none of them have tried an AIO.

And I envy them for never having the displeasure. They're fine for families and others who aren't computer savvy, but their drawbacks make them a real pain. Yes I have owned one. Only bought PowerMacs afterwards.
  • Reply 17 of 18
    palterpalter Posts: 98member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrtotes View Post

You forgot your sarcasm mark.

Now, given that this is the Temporary Insanity forum, I see no reason to not respond ...

I worked for a company back in the late '80s, early '90s named Symbolics. We made a NuBus coprocessor card for the Macintosh called MacIvory, based on our Ivory Lisp-machine on a chip. The original version of the card was actually a double height card which meant that it occupied the airspace of 2 NuBus slots. And, then you had to add 3rd party NuBus RAM disk cards which the MacIvory used as memory. (We had agreements with the 3rd parties who told us how to disable the RAM disks.) In the final revision, we shrunk the MacIvory down to a single card with onboard RAM.

I also owned a NuBus video capture card. (I bought it at a WWDC along with a copy of Premier.)

National Instruments made NuBus cards for data capture and other related fields.

Of course, there were video cards.

And, as mentioned above, there were RAM disk cards. (Sorry, I can't remember the names of the companies that made them.)
  • Reply 18 of 18
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

ROFL!!! And 6 optical drive bays, 18 hard drive bays, octo-SLI and replaceable mobo/CPU from Apple for $105.99 each.

Now let's not be crazy here, Lundy. 6 HD bays will more than suffice. As will 4 optical drive bays. And the replaceable CPU should be free as long as one pays the $1.99 mobile enabler fee.