Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sigs21 View Post

any body see the leopard sneak.. anything you guys think is cool.. or new

I checked it out again, to 'prep' for WWDC and had a couple thoughts.

1. I remember how some people in the forums were scratching their heads on the 'notes' and 'to do' features on teh new mail app. ie. how it was feature bloat, and a little complex - who wants to have notes and to do's in mail when there is stickies, iCal etc.

However, with iPhone and the upcoming revision/revolution of .Mac, I think these features make a ton more sense. The Apple.com Leopard sneek peek voice-over mentions using notes for 'taking down class notes or jotting down directions'. For an iPhone without Office etc. "notes" provides a perfect place to store that kind of info, and sync it back to your Mac; It's part of Mail and accesable to you always (if you have push mail or whatever its called).

I don't think that all this will show up in the mail app in iPhone , but Mail is a good place to consolidate this info on your mac - enabling you to access/sync it intuitively to your iPhone and back again. There is a notes app on the iPHone already....

2. Dashboard. Webclip widgets will be endless killer apps for the iPhone. Again the voice over mentions new "dashboard syncing" via .Mac, so all the cool (and applicable?) widgets you make, may appear on your iphone auoto-matically (to mimic el Jobso). Third Party SDK iPhone?? phhh.... SO Web 1.0 How about you as a user deciding what webclip widgets you want to use? could be pretty cool! Maybe 'Dashboard' could be the secret 12th App?