worth getting ????

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
is ths worth getting if i can for about £250-280 ($500-$600) ???? will it run OSX.5 ok ???

"It is virtually unmarked and has the benefit of a new LCD screen that was fitted by Apple Brent Cross in December 2006. Specification as follows: Processor ? 1GHz PowerPC G4. 80 GB IBM Hard Disc. Memory ? 1GB DDR SDRAM. Operating system ? Mac 10.4.8. Airport Extreme. Bluetooth. DVD RW CD RW. Video Card - NVidia GeForce MX 64 MB. Original packaging so can ship anywhere."

cheers

p.s it is a sexy ass mac !!!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,443moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by carlito2 View Post

is ths worth getting if i can for about £250-280 ($500-$600) ???? will it run OSX.5 ok ???

"It is virtually unmarked and has the benefit of a new LCD screen that was fitted by Apple Brent Cross in December 2006. Specification as follows: Processor ? 1GHz PowerPC G4. 80 GB IBM Hard Disc. Memory ? 1GB DDR SDRAM. Operating system ? Mac 10.4.8. Airport Extreme. Bluetooth. DVD RW CD RW. Video Card - NVidia GeForce MX 64 MB. Original packaging so can ship anywhere."

cheers

p.s it is a sexy ass mac !!!!!!

From reports, 10.5 should run faster than 10.4. It would be very hypocritical of Apple not to do this given all the Vista bashing over the exact same thing. As long as you don't do things that require heavy CPU tasks, it should be a decent laptop for that price. I used to use a 1.5GHz powerbook and it was fine for most day to day tasks but things like video encoding, rendering etc were just so slow. The jump up to even the lowest end Core Duo was as huge as Apple's marketing suggests (that has to be the only time they haven't exaggerated benchmarks).