How often will you update your iPhone?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
OK, there's a lot of people here who plan to get an iPhone and there's a few who say it's way too much. But what of those who plan to keep their iPhone up to date as often as they can.

How often do you really think you'll update your iPone?

[Edit]

To the pedantic: By update I refer to the upgrading or replacing of the iPhone handset itself and not merely to software or firmware updates

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    maimezvousmaimezvous Posts: 802member
    When I get one, which will probably be a few years, I will update the phone every time I have to renew my contract. It's about the same length of time I keep an iPod.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    I would imagine that most people who get one will replace it on a 2-3 year cycle, that is as long as the user experiece and service live up to the hype.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    spindriftspindrift Posts: 674member
    I currently replace my smart phone every year, so depending on the contract period I hope to do the same with the iPhone.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    n3on3o Posts: 56member
    I would (since I'm in Brazil, and its never going to sell those around here) update it whenever a new better model is released.

This first-gen iPhone will last "long" before a better one is released. Maybe Apple will release a nano, or "pequeño" version of it next.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    I'm still using my Tungsten T3. That may tell you what my vote was.