New macbook fault click button on trackpad

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi there,

I've only had my macbook for 2 weeks and already I have a problem with my click button. I have booked it in to be repaired at a apple service centre (no apple itself). Can you tell me is that what they normally do. I am not sure whether I should bother to ask them for a replacement. Also one of the feet on the macbook is loose and the only way to tighten it is to take the machine apart.

I love my macbook but just wondered if this is the right thing to do (get it repaired rather than replaced).

Thanks

J

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Poppet View Post

Hi there,

I've only had my macbook for 2 weeks and already I have a problem with my click button. I have booked it in to be repaired at a apple service centre (no apple itself). Can you tell me is that what they normally do. I am not sure whether I should bother to ask them for a replacement. Also one of the feet on the macbook is loose and the only way to tighten it is to take the machine apart.

I love my macbook but just wondered if this is the right thing to do (get it repaired rather than replaced).

Thanks

J

Happend to me on my MBP CD (click button). They repair and that will be it. No choice. Mine needs to go back in because they screwed up the "click" feel of the button when they repaired it. It has been nearly a year so I have adjusted but it still bothers me sometimes. I guess I will turn it in toward the end of AppleCare. So cross your fingers. Maybe you can load one of those screen shot programs as they open and close your MBP so you can get a shot of who is working on your computer.