iPhone Shrinkage!

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
My guess:

The original hand model was not holding anything - notice there are no reflections of the fingers on the original images. They basically PhotoShop'ed the unit in post.

With the newer shots, the hand model is actually holding the unit.

My guess is that the designers were approximating the size of the unit and got it "in-the-ballpark"... but not until the tv-spots and "real" product shots show the unit in someone's REAL hand, did it become apparent that they were slightly off.

It happens.

Web designers do not have access to unreleased physical product to check scale.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    http://www.apple.com/iphone/

I was going to post the same thing.

It seems like a giant is holding the iphone now.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    -df-df Posts: 136member
    it certainly looks small and the hand looks big, but I just made the same pose with my Treo (almost the exact same size) and my hand (which is average size) and it looks just like the photo.

I think it was actually that first photo which was deceiving - making the phone look bigger than it actually is.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    -df-df Posts: 136member
    * double post *
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Is it just on "my" screen that my response is up at the top of the responses...? I was (i think) the 5th or 6th person to respond, yet on my screen, my reply is at the top of the screen...???
  • Reply 5 of 5
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    It's hard to tell whether the iPhone in that picture is a photgraph or a rendering. It's pretty rare for apple to show actual photos on their site but this one looks like a photo.

Photo or rendering?