Photoshop error files?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hello. I'm a newbie here. I've checked and didn't find any similar thread. if i'm wrong excuse me.

I have been running Photoshop 7.0 on a macmini with MacOs 10.3.7 for a year without any problem.

Today it allows me to save but not "save as". The app freezes and what i can do is change the name of the original file in finder so that if i "save" it doesn't overwrite it.

I don't want to reinstall it, if possible.

I would like to remove the error files because it worked with system9 (temp files), but i don't know where they are located in OSX. (i've looked for tmp+temp, i verified+ repaired permissions, i restarted but the error keep coming).

Does anyone know where are they or what else i might do?

thank you very much in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Tough one. Photoshop has a bunch of glitches that were never fixed. Personally I can never change fonts without opening the character window.

Since Save as actually opens a window and displays a directory, that may be the cause. I would try to repair your hard drive if there are errors first of all. Reinstalling would be my second suggestion if you were not against it. Otherwise, you can delete the photoshop preferences and that would reset everything back to, what should be, a fresh install state.

Oh, if you have haxies or use the default folder app, I would disable them.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    boohbooh Posts: 3member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ebby View Post

....... I would try to repair your hard drive if there are errors first of all. .......

Er.. i'm afraid i don't know what this means. how can i check if there are errors? How can i repair the hard drive?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    First you need to boot off your OS X DVD by restarting and holding down the "C" key. Booting off the DVD will allow you to run Disk Utility from the menu and make repairs to your primary hard drive. Once Disk Utility is open, choose your hard drive and click the repair button. The program will perform a bunch or tests and repair your drive is necessary. Finally, restart again and eject the DVD to boot normally.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    boohbooh Posts: 3member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ebby View Post

First you need to boot off your OS X DVD by restarting and holding down the "C" key. Booting off the DVD will allow you to run Disk Utility from the menu and make repairs to your primary hard drive. Once Disk Utility is open, choose your hard drive and click the repair button. The program will perform a bunch or tests and repair your drive is necessary. Finally, restart again and eject the DVD to boot normally.

oh, ok, thank you. i had already made the disk utiliity thing, but didn't work. thx again