iCal any good?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I want to download iCal and use it on a web site, is it any good?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    kecksykecksy Posts: 1,002member
    Personally, I think it needs a lot of work. The interface is pretty awful. It's also very slow. On the other hand, it is the best looking calander program I've seen.

Download it and try it. There's no harm because it's free, right?
  • Reply 2 of 10
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    The 1.0.2 iCal is MUCH faster than the original 1.0. MUCH.

As in wow-this-is-really-painful to this-is-totally-usable on a 400MHz Pismo. Not quite to good-god-this-thing-screams, but I doubt I'll ever get that on this hardware.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    The calendar and task functions are severely limited. Funny places for such an application to be deficient in. I use it anyway.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    i love it because it bothers me, even on my ipod, about classes and shit. i'm sure i can turn the warnings off, but they are useful. and i love how it isn't made by ms (outlook).
  • Reply 5 of 10
    I would like more interaction with my Address book...maybe have it where I can enter somebody's birthday in my address book and have it show up in iCal
  • Reply 6 of 10
    trevormtrevorm Posts: 841member
    iCal is still a waste of time. It is improved but still not near good enough. You really cant beat the calander in Entoruage
  • Reply 7 of 10
    well i got ical, it's ok, it appears to lack some features and defiantly not the greatest program I've seen from Apple.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    Definitely worth downloading, but don't get your expectations too high.

It's a 1.0 version of what promises to be a very good app.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    jmoneyjmoney Posts: 133member
    [quote]Originally posted by Mac Man 020581:

<strong>I want to download iCal and use it on a web site, is it any good?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Wouldn't it make sense to just download it and try it? DUH!
  • Reply 10 of 10
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    iCal does the stuff I need it to. Even then, I hardly need it at all, but it helps by reminding me of things and syncing with my Palm to remind me my work hours/days. Also to remember shows and other events. And I have a bunch of friends who get together a lot, I make a calendar and sync it with the web and stuff. PHP iCalendar.

It isn't the most amazing, all-encompassing, super-evolved application, but it's really great for free and v1.0.x, IMHO!