Audible AudioBooks

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
¿Where can i download free audible audio books? for example the second coming of steve jobs?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Why not try alt.binaries.sounds.audiobooks? Mind you, there aren't many 'free' audiobooks around, and if you do find free ones, you might very well be pirating.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Here's a thought:

Why don't you just pay for them, you knucklehead?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    nx7oenx7oe Posts: 198member
    [quote] Here's a thought:

Why don't you just pay for them, you knucklehead? <hr></blockquote>

Here's another thought, that is just a thing i would like to test out.

By the way, what is the format extension so i can look it up on limewire?

[ 01-19-2003: Message edited by: nx7oe ]</p>
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Audible books are tied to your Audible account. When you first try to play an audible book on iTunes, it'll ask you for your login/password and will verify that the account has paid for that book.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    Unless you hack the .aa file, it won't work. You can sign up for an account without paying a penny. I don't know if they have any free samples, but, really, what are you looking for a sample of? It's an audiobook. It works. Some books are overpriced, some are unabridged, some are great to have and are worth the money. If you want an audiobook, this is the only way to go, IMHO. I personally love audible. Totally worth the money (audible listener is the best deal. Any book for $14.95 plus a subscription.)
  • Reply 6 of 9
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    [quote]Originally posted by francisG3:

<strong>Here's a thought:

Why don't you just pay for them, you knucklehead?</strong><hr></blockquote>

No need to get rude, is there?
  • Reply 7 of 9
    [quote]Originally posted by der Kopf:

<strong>

No need to get rude, is there?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Perhaps there is. I, and other posters actually pay for our Audible books. I can only speak for myself, but I get very annoyed with this "everything is free" mentality.

I think if you're boneheaded enough to go on this forum and ask where one can get free Audiobooks, you deserve to get a rude reply.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    If you take out a one month subscription to audible listner for $14.95, you can get The Second Coming Of Steve Jobs free for signing up. I did exactly this and for my $14.95, I got Steve Jobs, One months subscription to Macworld and Red Rabbit. Well worth it.