Paul McCartney & iTunes ad but no Beatles yet

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
New iTunes ad Featuring Dance Tonight by Paul McCartney.

Beatles fans may have to wait until 2008, according to Olivia Harrison, the widow of late guitarist/singer/songwriter George Harrison. Despite the landmark settlement of a trademark dispute that dates back to Apple Inc. (then Apple Computer Inc.'s) inception, Harrison said that a few things still needed to be worked out elsewhere before the music will be available for digital download and purchase

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    It's funny that everyone is pissed that the Beatles albums haven't been released on iTunes yet. Even though it was a rush to get the albums out that caused the CD versions of the albums to suck ass compared to the original vinyls.

There are a lot of albums and compilations in the Beatles catalog with some of the best song written in the 20th century if ever on them. I would much rather them spend a little extra time on them to make them sound great.

Not that I really care. I have all their post-Help albums from Dr. Ebbetts, which is how I think they should sound with the perfect touch of bass and warmth from the original vinyls.

http://www.bootlegzone.com/files.php?section=1&pub=160

If you know how or where to get them, I'd suggest those.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    aquamacaquamac Posts: 585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wojciechowski View Post

It's funny that everyone is pissed that the Beatles albums haven't been released on iTunes yet. Even though it was a rush to get the albums out that caused the CD versions of the albums to suck ass compared to the original vinyls.

Actually the CD versions took forever too. They were not rushed at all. The reason they sucked is because they released the original mono UK versions of the albums. They had plenty of time release the US "studio effect stereo" versions. Apple Corps. chose the easy path and built up hype by delaying there release. This only applied to the first 4 albums. From Rubber Soul on they sounded great.

There have been Hi-Fi audiophile masters of the beatles for decades, this is not the problem. The problem has been Apple Computer Inc. (now Apple Inc.) vs Apple Corps. From what I have read Ms. Harrison has been the most difficult obstacle in the last moments of Apple Corps. negotiations.