My Recently Sold MBP and New Owner

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just sold my MBP (C2D) on Ebay. It still has 5 months left on Apples 1yr factory warranty. I'm wondering whose name, if any name at all, it's under with Apple and if it should even be a concern when the new owner goes to purchase AppleCare that it doesn't presently have. They may have the computer under my name since I brought it to a Genius bar about 4 months ago and my bookstore has my name as the buyer (does that go to Apple?). Should I supply the new owner with a copy of the reciept or not worry about it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I wouldn't worry about it, if there's a problem I'd say Apple will contact you. Just make sure all your important data isn't on it
  • Reply 2 of 3
    tony1tony1 Posts: 259member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I wouldn't worry about it, if there's a problem I'd say Apple will contact you. Just make sure all your important data isn't on it

No problem there, I erased and zeroed data and zeroed data and zeroed data for about a day and a half then installed a fresh copy of the OS.

Thanks,

Tony
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tony1 View Post

I just sold my MBP (C2D) on Ebay. It still has 5 months left on Apples 1yr factory warranty. I'm wondering whose name, if any name at all, it's under with Apple and if it should even be a concern when the new owner goes to purchase AppleCare that it doesn't presently have. They may have the computer under my name since I brought it to a Genius bar about 4 months ago and my bookstore has my name as the buyer (does that go to Apple?). Should I supply the new owner with a copy of the reciept or not worry about it?

Speaking from experience, you should definitely send the buyer a copy of the receipt. Trust me on this one, it'll avoid them getting upset at you later for not giving it to them.