Safari on itunes

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Why not put a full web browser like Safari inside itunes? It will be much easier to surf the web and listen music at the same time, and people on the pc side would be tempted to just forget about Internet Explorer.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    aisiaisi Posts: 134member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacBR View Post

Why not put a full web browser like Safari inside itunes? It will be much easier to surf the web and listen music at the same time, and people on the pc side would be tempted to just forget about Internet Explorer.

Songbird is a digital jukebox and web browser mash-up. iTunes is all about the music store, they don't need to put a browser inside iTunes.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    galleygalley Posts: 971member
    Quote:

RealPlayer (for Windows) has had a browser for years.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

iTunes succeeded for the exact reason that it's separate from a browser, it does your media, and manages your iPod. Your browser is for visiting websites, and its good at that. That's nearly like saying 'why doesn't iLife or Final Cut Studio just become one app', it's not a good idea, not being mean, it's just the opposite to the way things are going. iTunes is as bloated as I ever want to see it become right now.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    macbrmacbr Posts: 3member
    I still believe that something like Songbird (but more refined) will be the future of itunes, look at Apple TV, I think more sooner than later we will gonna see the YouTube capability on itunes, and after that, why not put a full browser? Leopard its already becoming a big itunes.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    aisiaisi Posts: 134member
    Songbird's browser will let you visit and subscribe to mp3 blogs for instance, and you can browse several web based music stores like eMusic, and services like last.fm, etc. I don't think that iTunes will help you purchase stuff at eMusic anytime soon.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

I'd think it would be easier to surf the web and listen to music at the same time by keeping the browser and the jukebox separate, rather than integrating them.